- No injuries reported.
- Power outages are improving.
- National Weather Service representatives are expected to be in the area at some point today.
- The Grace Chapel Road will be closed again today from North Lakes Academy up to Musket Drive. The closure will be for power crews to continue their repairs of power lines and replacement of power poles.
- Damage Assessment Teams are going out again today to survey homes for damages.
- Results from yesterday’s three teams: (numbers do not include town of Granite Falls)
- 322 homes damaged in the Grace Chapel Road area
- 41 homes with major damage
- 1 home destroyed
- Town of Granite Falls is handling their own power outages and debris clean up.
- South Caldwell High School is operating as a shelter for Caldwell and Catawba Counties today.
- North Carolina Forestry Service is assisting with Bridge Crews and bull dozers to clear minor roads.
- NC Baptist Men Chain Saw Crews are working in the area assisting residents with clean up.
Agencies represented today are: Caldwell County - Emergency Services, EMS, Fire Marshal, 911 Communications, Sheriff's Office, Health Department, DSS, Inspections Department, Water Department, Public Information and Administration; Fire Departments - Grace Chapel, Little River, Sawmills, North Catawba, Hudson, Gamewell and Bethlehem. Also assisting: NCSHP; NCDOT; NCSBI; NCFS; NC Baptist Men; Blue Ridge Energy; Duke Energy; Caldwell County CERT; Amateur Radio; Methodist Disaster Relief; Red Cross; Animal Control; REACT; Lenoir Amateur Radio.
# # #