Caldwell County Emergency Management along with local fire personnel responded to multiple reports of a gas smell in the area of CVS at 3369 Hickory Blvd., Hudson and into the Sawmills area.
Dino DiBernardi, Caldwell County Emergency Services Director says, “Upon arrival at the scene, there was a noticeable smell of some type of gas in the area and the carbon monoxide levels were elevated inside the structure. Four employees of the CVS were transported as a precautionary measure due to complaining of flu like symptoms.”
The early investigation was handled by Sawmills Fire, Piedmont Natural Gas and Caldwell County Emergency Services. The scene has been left with Piedmont Natural Gas and CVS maintenance technician.
All Caldwell County personnel have cleared the scene and no further activity is anticipated.
The Caldwell County Fire Marshal’s office is reminding everyone that carbon monoxide is an odorless gas that can be deadly if not properly monitored. Everyone should have a carbon monoxide detector in their homes and businesses. Caldwell County Fire Marshal’s office will provide a free carbon monoxide detector if the means are not there to purchase one. For more information, call 828-757-1162.
# # #