Caldwell County Offices Will Be Closed for Memorial Day Monday, May 29, 2017
The Agricultural Water Resources Assistance Program (AgWRAP) was authorized through Session Law 2011-145. The program is administered by the NC Soil and Water Conservation Commission through local soil and water conservation districts.
The purposes of the AgWRAP are to:
Identify opportunities to increase water use efficiency, availability and storage
Implement best management practices (BMPs) to conserve and protect water resources
Increase water use efficiency
Increase water storage and availability for agricultural purposes
The Soil and Water Conservation Commission alloacted 45% of available BMP funding for district allocations for all approved AgWRAP BMPs. The remaining 55% will be allocated for new ponds and pond repair/retrofits applications through a competitive regional application process. For more information, please refer to the PY2015 AgWRAP Detailed Implementation Plan.
Applications for AgWRAP are accepted year round. Applications are ranked twice a year based on natural resource concerns. To apply for assistance please contact Carter Edgerton for an appointment.
Caldwell Soil & Water Conservation District Office
120 Hospital Avenue Suite 2
Lenoir, NC 28645
Contact Carter Edgerton for more information or call the Caldwell Soil & Water Conservation District at (828) 758-1111.