- Board of Elections
Board of Elections
Thank you for visiting the Caldwell County Board of Elections webpage. Our office is responsible for conducting local elections, administering State election laws, operating voting sites, appointing and training precinct officials, and maintaining voter registration for Caldwell County.
We are committed to providing citizens of Caldwell County fair, impartial, and accurate elections while following the guidelines of State and Federal election laws.
On March 7th, 2023, the Caldwell County Board of Elections voted unanimously to approve a precinct merge proposal which includes the following:
1) Combines PR006 (County Resource Center), PR013 (West Lenoir School) and PR014 (Martin Luther King Jr. Recreation Center). All affected voters are now located in Precinct 6 - Freedman and will vote at the Martin Luther King Jr. Recreation Center, located at 313 Greenhaven Dr, Lenoir, NC 28645.
2) Combines PR007 (Whitnel Elementary School) and PR012 (Mulberry Recreation Center). All affected voters are now located in Precinct 7 - Lenoir and will vote at the Mulberry Recreation Center, located at 720 Mulberry St SW, Lenoir, NC 28645.
Early Voting/One-Stop locations have not changed.
To locate your polling place, search your name on the NC Voter Lookup Tool and scroll down to the 'Your Voting Locations' section.
All affected residents will receive a letter in the mail informing them of their precinct and polling place change. If you have any question, please contact the Caldwell County Board of Elections at 828-757-1326.
You may register to vote in Caldwell County if you are:
- A citizen of the United States
- A resident of Caldwell County for at least 30 days prior to Election Day
- At least 18 years of age or will be by the date of the General Election
- Not serving a Felony Sentence, including any period of probation, post-release supervision, or parole.
Check Your Voter Registration to confirm that you are registered, verify your address, and view polling place information.
Register to Vote online through the NC Division of Motor Vehicles or fill out a NC Voter Registration Form and mail it to our office or bring it by in person.
Current registered voters may submit changes through the NC DMV or by completing a new voter registration form.
2023 Municipal Election Timeline
The Municipal Elections for Cajah's Mountain, Cedar Rock, Gamewell, Granite Falls, Hudson, Lenoir, Sawmills, Rhodhiss, and Blowing Rock will be held on Tuesday, November 7th, 2023.
You may vote in this Election if you reside in the city limits of one of the municipalities listed above.
Municipal Candidate Filing
- Filing begins July 7, 2023 at 12:00pm
- Filing ends July 21, 2023 at 12:00pm
One-Stop Early Voting
- Thursday, October 19th, 2023 - Friday, October 20th, 2023 (8:00am to 5:00pm)
- Monday, October 23rd, 2023 - Friday, October 27th, 2023 (8:00am to 5:00pm)
- Monday, October 30th, 2023 - Friday, November 3rd, 2023 (8:00am to 5:00pm)
- Saturday, November 4th, 2023 (8:00am to 3:00pm)
Tuesday, November 7th, 2023 (6:30am to 7:30pm)
Current Status: Photo ID Required for Voting
On April 28, 2023, the North Carolina Supreme Court reversed an injunction against implementation of photo ID legislation. As a result, photo ID laws enacted in 2018 and 2019 will be implemented moving forward, starting with the municipal elections in November 2023.
The State Board is working with the 100 county boards of elections to ensure a smooth rollout of the photo ID requirement. This includes informing voters about the change and the acceptable forms of identification for voting, ensuring any voter without an ID can get one, training the county boards on implementation measures, updating forms and envelopes for absentee voting, creating and printing new signage for polling places, and many other efforts.
For more information on photo ID, please visit the State Board of Elections website.